Creative Solutions and Premium Support


latest news

Jan 15

Moments of Voice for Malala
Malala Yousufzai, a fifteen year old Pakistani blogger, has been using her voice ...

Nov 27

Information and Communication Technology
A new article in The Guardian explores how information and communication technology can be used to empower girls worldwide. ...

Oct 2

Half the Sky
AUDACIA participants will be interested to see this new piece of work from Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn ...

Aug 17

10.11.12 International Day of the Girl
Thanks to the tireless efforts of AUDACIA participant Plan International, and its partners, the United Nations has declared October 11, 2012 to be the first-ever International Day of the Girl. ...

August 3

DFID Girls’ Education Challenge
DFID, the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development, is sponsoring a Girls’ Education Challenge. ...

90 million school-aged girls are not in school

Half a billion women are illiterate

Countries and communities in which women and girls are more highly educated are healthier, wealthier, and less likely to engage in armed conflict

AUDACIA saw great success!
The reviews are in, and everyone agrees the AUDACIA forum on girls’ education was a tremendous success.  Participants came from North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe.  30% of the attendees assisted us by filling out a formal written evaluation. The overwhelming majority said the informational segments and interactive small group discussions presented at AUDACIA were either useful or very useful to them. In particular, they gave very high praise to segments in which new ideas and new programs were presented and those in which thought-provoking challenges to orthodoxy were explored.
93% of those who completed the survey said they met someone or identified an organization with which they’d like to explore a collaboration
94% said they would attend another AUDACIA forum (distance of travel being a limiting factor for the remaining 6%)
100% would recommend the AUDACIA forum to others
We invite you to take a quick 4 minute tour of AUDACIA 2011 through our highlights video, below. Experience the energy, relive the lively discussions and hear directly from your colleagues what they have to say about AUDACIA. To borrow the words of one AUDACIA participant, "This is not a traditional forum; it represents people that are very diverse in their approaches, and I think there is a lot to learn from everyone." Together, we will, indeed, change the world.

Audacia from Emma Willard School on Vimeo.

AUDACIA, a two-day invitational forum, is a new model for ensuring every girl everywhere access to a quality education. The AUDACIA forum took place on September 26 & 27, 2011 in New York City. AUDACIA was designed to be a highly interactive event offering attendees unique and valuable opportunities for dialog and meetings with potential collaborators in the global girls' education movement.

Participants included educators and human development practitioners with proven or promising interventions that need help improving, sustaining or replicating their programs and philanthropists, foundation executives, and business persons who want to invest resources - money, technology, information, and volunteers - in programs that reflect best practices. The problems facing girls around the world are huge and effective solutions are urgently needed. The focus on best practices and the convening of people from the non-profit, for-profit, philanthropic, governmental and religious sectors is a brave, new strategy. Add it all up and it is audacious; give it a proper name, we call her… AUDACIA.
We update this site with new developments, so we invite you to stop by again.